Template:Expand Template:Weasel Template:Refimprove Leo Emil Wanta, born 1940, is an American businessman who claimsTemplate:Fact to be the Reagan-appointed trustee of potentially trillions of dollars, the result of an arbitrage scheme to sink the Soviet economy.Template:Fact The numbers claimed exceed the GDP of the Soviet economy at the time,Template:Fact and the Soviet Ruble was a non-convertible currency.Template:Fact He was president of AmeriChina Global Management Group Inc.,Template:Fact an arms exporting firm based in Appleton, Wisconsin.Template:Fact In 1988, he attempted to sell thousands of Browning 9mm pistols to Panamanian leader Manuel Noriega.
Wanta was arrested in Switzerland in 1993 for attempting to defraud a bank of 81 million dollars. He claimed to have diplomatic immunity as the ambassador of Somalia (which, at that time, had no functioning internationally-recognized government) to Canada. He was deported to New York and then Wisconsin, on unrelated tax charges.Template:Fact In 1995, Wanta was convicted of tax evasion and sentenced to an eight-year prison term in the State of Wisconsin. Wanta's lawyer claimed that his client was delusional,Template:Fact and really believed to be a secret agent of international central bankers, being disappeared at the behest of powerful figures.
In his book Tragedy of Russia's Reforms (USIP, 2001), Peter Reddaway states Wanta had some dealings with the government of President Boris Yeltsin. Reddaway also states in his book that Wanta was wanted for credit-card fraud by U.S. authorities.
• Leo Wanta's illegal incarceration was commuted to house arrest and Mr Wanta was confined for many years in Wisconsin (not, as stated, in Switzerland). Although his confinement was illegal,Template:Fact he nevertheless adhered meticulously to its terms,Template:Fact in accordance with his ethical standards and reverence for the Rule of Law (notwithstanding that his treatment was always illegal).
• Suggestions that Mr Wanta committed offences are completely inaccurate and without foundation. Everything he has done has been in accordance with his Presidential, Secret Service and other US official instructions.Template:Fact A comprehensive dossier revealing how the State of Wisconsin may have scammed Wanta,Template:Fact allegedly stealing both the payments that he managed to raise to pay illegally charged taxes that he did not owe, and how his assets were allegedly stolen as well, is in preparation.Template:Fact
• In July 2005, all illegally re-charged fines and imposts applied by Wisconsin were paid in full by a benefactor.Template:Fact As a direct consequence of this development, Mr Wanta satisfied the State's illegally imposed demands, and with effect from 14th November 2005, he was unconditionally discharged from Parole on the orders of a judge.Template:Fact The funds remitted to secure his release have, according to US legal sources, also been scammed, because – unsurprisingly – the State authorities, having allegedly misappropriated the earlier funds, found themselves in a very difficult situation, with reference to which column, so to speak, the illegally imposed further charges were to be booked. This and related matters are under close continuing scrutiny. However the benefactor’s payment procured Mr Wanta’s full discharge from his illegal house arrest and probation.Template:Fact
Known history Edit
Ruble destabilization Edit
- See also: The Great Ruble Scam
During 1990, Wanta was one of numerous organized crime figures placing large numbers of false orders for large numbers of rubles to destabilize the currency.  In 1992, Claire Sterling listed Wanta as one of three people named in a Russian inquiry report of March 1, 1991 as attempting to buy 140 billion to 300 billion rubles from the Russian government. 
Lee Wanta has claimed diplomatic immunity as a Somali ambassador to Canada and Switzerland appointed in 1993 under the authority of Somali President Haji Mohammed Hashi Haile (Maxamed Xaashi Xayla), with this information delivered to Canadian officials by A.M. Musse, Somali Ambassador to Britain.  The Somali Civil War was ongoing at this time, and Ali Mahdi Muhammad was the internationally recognized President of Somalia from 1991 to 1997.
In 2013, Wanta claimed to be the ambassador of the Principality of Snake Hill, a region in Australia that is not recognized internationally. 
Tax evasion Edit
The state of Wisconsin charged Wanta with filing false tax returns for the years 1988 and 1989 when Wanta claimed no gross income. Wanta would be convicted of tax evasion in 1995. 
In 1988, Wanta allegedly kept money he received in the name of a corporation he controlled, New Republic/USA Financial Group, Ltd. (New Republic), and made payments from the corporate accounts for his own benefit. The Department of Revenue (DOR) suspected that Wanta used the New Republic name to avoid collection of outstanding tax warrants against him for the back taxes of Falls Vending Company, a company with which Wanta had been associated in the early 1980’s.
In 1994, Dr. David Mays found Wanta to be mentally incompetent to stand trial on the basis of his claim to be a CIA agent. A court ordered Wanta committed to a mental institution from June 1994 to November 1994. 
Veterans Today Edit
Iranian connection Edit
US Government service Edit
New Republic USA/Financial Group, Ltd., established as a GES m.b.h. in Austria 
Aneko Credit Pte Limited, Asian-Europa Development Group, Ltd (Freddie Woodruff oversight) 
Details of ruble destabilization Edit
Wanta claims that he and Freddie Woodruff were involved in the transfer of 2,000 tons of gold worth $17.5 billion in 1991 dollars from the Soviet Central Bank to destabilize the Russian economy in favor of the Boris Yeltsin group. 
Circumstances of 1993 arrest Edit
Wanta was arrested by Swiss police on July 7, 1993 due to the outstanding Wisconsin warrant for tax evasion.
Marc Rich Edit
A 2001 report by Wanta tells of an attempt to arrest Marc Rich on July 7, 1993 by drawing him to the "French Casino" on the French side of Lake Geneva because Switzerland would not allow the arrest of an American for tax evasion on Swiss territory. According to Wanta, the operation was authorized by FBI Director William Sessions and by SAC Bill Lecates, and his team based at the Hotel de la Pax in Geneva included: 
- The Vince Foster Groupe, including Foster himself
- Frank B. Ingram
- Rick Reynolds of US Treasury
- Consul General Giovanni Ferro
- Italia Judge Pierre Liugi
- Italia Secret Police Erika Ruffo
- Somalia President Haji Mohammed Hashi Haile of Mogedishij
- Lorrayne Fine of L.H. Financial of Israel and South Africa, allegedly a Mossad operative, and her daughter
- Antonio Salvatorie, Banque Paribas Vice Chairman
The operation failed when the Swiss arrested Wanta. Wanta further alleges that the problem of the warrant for the arrest of Mark Rich was "resolved" through the firing of William Sessions on July 19 and the deaths of Vince Foster, Freddie Woodruff in Georgia, J.J. Smith in Mexico City, and Lino Burys in Hong Kong, all of whom Wanta allege to have been CIA agents with knowledge of Wanta's financial operations.
After Delmart Vreeland entered the news for claiming to have delivered a Russian warning of the 9/11 attacks to Canada, Wanta would claim that the intent of the Switzerland operation was to assassinate Rich and that Vreeland was to be the shooter. As told to Michael Ruppert: 
Vreeland — apparently with Wanta’s foreknowledge — turned the discussion to Switzerland in 1993. On that trip Vreeland had shadowed Wanta to a rendezvous where Vreeland’s mission was to assassinate Wanta’s contact, Marc Rich, who had allegedly crossed Bill Clinton. Wanta confirmed all of Vreeland’s account, and both men agreed that the reason Rich was not killed was because the only shot Vreeland had at Rich was through Wanta’s head.
Money transfers Edit
Wanta claims that $70 billion of US Treasury funds were transferred out of accounts formerly under his control during the time that he was imprisoned in Switzerland in 1993. 
Arab-Israeli diplomacy Edit
Wanta claims that Israel sent Switzerland repeated demands for Wanta's release, eventually to include a letter from Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, due to his importance in the Arab-Israeli peace talks that led to the Oslo Accords. 
Operation Chaselet Edit
By 2014 Wanta's story included an Operation Chaselet involving unidentified parties drawing from inactive CIA accounts in Switzerland. 
Wanta was in Switzerland to handle a triple play: 1) Activate the warrant issued by FBI Director William Sessions and arrest Marc Rich when the ferry he boarded in Switzerland to go to a French gambling house left Swiss waters; 2) Investigate an operation called “Chaselet;” and, 3) Become an Ambassador for Somalia to Canada and Switzerland.
“Chaselet” was an intelligence operation involving Swiss banks (particularly Credit Suisse) that were re-activating what should have been “dead” bank credit instruments… like Letters of Credit. For example, a Letter of Credit from Chase Manhattan might have been drawn down – or may not have been drawn but served as collateral on another credit. Wanta’s investigation involved Credit Suisse, Union Bank of Switzerland and other banks recycling the Letters of Credit from banks around the world – reactivating what should have been dead notes. What was being done was a criminal act.
Assassination attempts Edit
Wanta claims to have survived at least four assassination attempts. 
At least four attempts were made to murder him inside the U.S. ... Meanwhile the Central Intelligence Agency put word out that Leo Emil Wanta was dead ... throughout the relevant sectors of the international financial community. Given this ‘tabula rasa’ situation, the coast was clear (or so the criminalists assumed) to ransack ... the $27.5 trillion of which Leo Emil Wanta was and remains the sole Principal and Trustor."
The Wanta group Edit
- Thomas E. Henry -- Wanta's lawyer, claims to be a former Assistant US Attorney, vetted Vreeland.
- Delmart Vreeland - vetted Wanta as a US intelligence operative, and vice versa.
- Michael C. Cottrell -- "treasurer of Wanta's financial group"  AmeriTrade Group, Owner of Pennsylvania Investments, and author of Elite Power and Capital Markets.  Wanta fired Cottrell in 2010 after Cottrell objected to potentially illegal financial activities that placed him in legal jeopardy. 
- Stephen D. Goodwin - Vice President and legal counsel for AmeriTrade Group. 
Alleged members Edit
Wanta has alleged that certain famous people are part of his CIA operations:
- Marc Rich -- Wanta claims to have worked with Marc Rich and then been assigned to capture him for tax evasion,  and then to assassinate him as part of a team including Delmart Vreeland. 
- Vince Foster -- Wanta claims that Foster was involved with Wanta's financial operations shortly before his death. 
- Giovanni Ferrero -- referred to by Wanta as "Giovanni Ferro", as a Consul General and part of his Treasury team in 1993  and as an Ambassador who gave Wanta a new Somali Ambassadorship in 1997.  The Train Foundation names the billionaire Ferrero Group CEO as "Ambassador." 
- Christopher Story (said to be deceased, but there are accounts of his death being faked and his showing up as living in Canada, was a supporter and then detractor)
- EP Heidner - uses Wanta as one of several sources in his writings
- Tom Heneghan - aka Tom of Venice (heavily promoted Wanta but now a detractor)
- Darryl Robert Schoon - aka D.R. Schoon, has promoted Wanta. Schoon is a member of the Temple of Universality in Tucson, a New Age mish-mash of different belief systems.
- Louis Lanier - verified Wanta's ambassadorship as legitimate, cited his information to the Israeli consulate. 
- "Casanova from PIOMBI" - mailed Michael Ruppert a postcard from Venice, Italy thanking Delmart Vreeland for his work on the Stealth Satellite System Terminator project. 
Others telling a similar story about owning large amounts of CIA gold:
Tim Osman document Edit
Just a simple and continuing reminder of ... previous USG intel field reports on file and fully documented
Item 1. Tim Osman and Ralph Olberg / U.S. Department of State - Afghan Desk, et al, visitation w/ US Government public officials (Osman = Usama/Osama bin Laden/OBL)
Situation: SSAC Ted Gunderson, FBI/DD.OPS/LA-Hilton/ShermanOaks/CA/US/[#blacked out text#]
Item 2. General Dynamics Stinger Sales / Transfers via OBL/Mudjaheddin, John Taylor, Scott Partridge, Herr Andras Szasz, et al
Item 3. Plantroniks GmbH, Budapest, Hungary Operations. North Korea, Singapore, USSR, et al. Via Herr President Andras Szasz and their intel operations groupe
Item 5. Management Sciences of Health [MSH] - ref. U.S. Senator Dave Durenberger, et al. Wanta senatorial sponsor for U.S. Department of Defense - Inspector General
Item 6. USG approval and delivery of:
- a. MANPADS / Man Portable Air Defense Systems
- b. HN5A PRC-Polytech clone Red-Eye equipment and training, i.e. NIC/Contras ops/deliver
- c. IGLA and STRELLA USSR SAM ops/delivery
- d. General Aziz / Wien ops field reports and Red Mercury 2020 USSR/Iraqi delivery and intel ops Ref: Iraqi military academy commandant General Aziz and Our New Republic/USA Financial Group, LTD GES m.b.H (Austriu S.C. 18, sec 6) intel support and personal life saving financial progamme and housing allowances
- e. USA Sam Cohen: A-Neutronic bomb design/testing/delivery USG field reports
Please see Ameritrust Corporation Embargo Release in USG
Although the document contains no reference number and its provenance is unknown, it is cited by Wanta's supporters as evidence that he was a government agent.
Further reading Edit
- What Is the Truth About Leo Wanta?, by Geoff Metcalf, NewsMax.com, September 18, 2006.
- Wanta Fund Story About to Explode 1-1-2007
- Federal Reserve Board Impedes The Wanta Plan, Fed Wants 1929 style crash for its masters, Portland Independent Media Center, July 21, 2006.
- A short biography of Leo Wanta by Marilyn Barnewall
- Wanta Revelations - A biography of Leo Wanta
- Americans Wanta Be Free - A biography of Leo Wanta by Marilyn Barnewall
- Christopher Story Worldreports.org
- Thieves' World- The Threat of the New Global Network of Organized Crime by Claire Sterling, Simon & Shuster, N.Y., N.Y., 1994. "The fact that scarcely anyone outside Russia has heard of the Great Ruble Scam may be explained partly by its seemingly unbelievable details, but partly, too, by Western reluctance to touch exquisitely sensitive political nerves." (Page 177.)
- Conspiracy Encyclopedia: The Encyclopedia of Conspiracy Theories (Paperback) by Thom Burnett, copyright 2005. References to Leo Wanta: pp 160 and 173
- ↑ Template:Cite news
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Template:Cite news
- ↑ Template:Cite book
- ↑ Clare Sterling, Thieves' World, p.188-193
- ↑ Claire Sterling, The Great Ruble Scam, American Spectator, Vol. 25 No. 6, June 1992
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Thomas E. Henry, Petition for a writ of certiorari, https://theglobalnewsandviews.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/writ_of_cert.pdf
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Leo Wanta, INTERNATIONAL PEACE CONFERENCE Tehran, Iran, 2013 December, http://wantarevelations.com/2013/11/international-peace-conference-tehran-iran/
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Patience D. Roggensack, State v. Leo E. Wanta, Court of Appeals of Wisconsin, 98-0318-CR, 1999 February 4, http://www.wicourts.gov/ca/opinion/DisplayDocument.html?content=html&seqNo=13586
- ↑ Editorial Board, Veterans Today, 2012 May, http://web.archive.org/web/20120509233927/http://www.veteranstoday.com/staff-writers/
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Editorial Board, Veterans Today, 2013 May, http://web.archive.org/web/20130509233927/http://www.veteranstoday.com/staff-writers/
- ↑ Marilyn MacGruder Barnewall, SPECIAL FOR VT READERS: Wanta to Speak at Teheran International Peace Conference, Veterans Today, 2013 November 20, http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/11/20/special-for-vt-readers-wanta-to-speak-in-teheran-international-peace-conference/
- ↑ Tom of Venice interview with Leo Wanta, Leo Wanta Interview: He Blows The Lid, 1997 September 21, http://www.apfn.org/apfn/wanta.htm
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 13.3 13.4 13.5 Leo Wanta, appeal to Jaques Antenen, http://firstname.lastname@example.org/msg99222.html
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 Leo Wanta, In the matter of Marc Rich, http://rense.com/general8/fing.htm
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 Michael C. Ruppert, Crossing the Rubicon, New Society Publishers, 2004, http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/3095835/crossing-the-rubicon-michael-ruppert-2004-pdf-august-24-2011-2-10-pm-2-0-meg?dn=y
- ↑ Fred Brownbill, Judicial Watch Notice re Marc Rich, 2014 March 21, Save America Foundation, http://www.saveamericafoundation.com/2014/03/22/judicial-watch-notice-re-marc-rich-date-21-march-2014/
- ↑ David Dastych, American Patriot vs. Thieves' World, 2010 January 17, http://www.newswithviews.com/guest_opinion/guest169.htm
- ↑ Greg Szymanski, Idaho Sen Craig Says Wanta Story 'Erroneous', 2006 November 11, http://rense.com/general74/oda.htm
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 James F. Bennett, Leo Wanta Update: Who is Michael C. Cottrell, MS?, 2006 December 12, http://thechiefbrief.blogspot.com/2006/12/leo-wanta-update-who-is-michael-c.html
- ↑ Christopher Story, Wantagate: How could Christopher Story have been so fooled?, via Teknosis, http://tekgnosis.typepad.com/tekgnosis/2010/01/wantagate-how-could-christopher-story-have-been-so-fooled.html
- ↑ Civil Courage News, Vol. 9 No. 2, 2013 September, http://www.civilcourageprize.org/downloads/CCPnewsletter_sep13.pdf
- ↑ Sander Hicks, letter to Anthony Lappe, 2002 September 25, http://www.sanderhicks.com/DVsupp10.html
- ↑ Tim Osman was bin Laden?, 911 myths, http://www.911myths.com/html/tim_osman_was_bin_ladin_.html
- ↑ Tim Osman document with notes and blackout, http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xKsHkMMp18I/Tb6e39-QqlI/AAAAAAAABSs/JzDiRmXCHCY/s1600/osman+-+osama.gif